[OLPC-Games] Howto connect GTK mouse events to pygame events

stas zytkiewicz stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:38:52 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

> Well, Stas, it's always a pleasure to argue with you. In your
> comparison, you miss one major point for this project: i18n.
>
> Being based on GTK and using the GTK widget plus pango, it makes it easy
> to build an outstanding application that works worldwide.
That's nonsense and you know it Bruno.
Childplay, which is pygame based, supports all languages including RTL.

The only problem which is unrelated to this is the 'shaping' for
Arabic, pyfribidi
needs to be updated to the latest fribidi version.
Again this has nothing to do with SDL/GTK, in fact pango uses fribidi just like
childsplay does.
Taken from the gtk-i18n list:
"""
FriBidi is a separate library, but Pango includes a trimmed down
version of its source code in the pango/mini-fribidi directory.
"""
> On the
> GCompris side, we always have preferred to support more country and more
> children than to propose cute animation to a few of them.
What has language support to do with animations ?!
Language support is gettext and fribidi, it has nothing to do with graphics.
Our apps are graphic based activities, we don't do fancy pango text stuff,
we use nice big buttons and simple text.

Stas

--
A collection of educational activities for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org