[OLPC-Games] pygame widget set

Noah Kantrowitz kantrn at rpi.edu
Mon May 14 17:04:06 EDT 2007

stas zytkiewicz wrote:
> Hello, is there a "preferred" widget set which could be used in a
> pygame based app?
> I mean we all use widgets like buttons, dialogs etc at some point in
> a pygame app. It might be best to have one widget set which all
> apps would use instead of (re)inventing our own.
>
> In my schoolsplay project I use ocempgui, http://ocemp.sourceforge.net/gui.html
> which is rather complete and comes with extensive documentation and
> accessibility support.
> If there's no "preferred" widget set yet I would like to  suggest ocempgui.
> However I'm happy to use whatever the Sugar/pygame would use.

The rough answer is there is none. To maintain the pervasive
look-and-feel that Sugar is aiming for, all traditional GUI stuff should
really be done in GTK (via PyGTK) using the Sugar widget kit. Some
tweaking may be needed to make matchbox happy, but a standard GTK dialog
should JWF. There are references for both the HIG and the sugar widget
set on the wiki (wiki.laptop.org).

--Noah