[OLPC-Games] pygame widget set

Phil Hassey philhassey at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 14:59:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

Reviews the two major pygame gui toolkits:
http://pygame.org/wiki/gui?parent=index

(I'm the author of pgu.  So I prefer that ;)  pgu has been used in quite a large number of games and apps - mainly, I think, because the API is so easy to use and easy to integrate into your own game loop.

Check out pgu:
http://www.imitationpickles.org/pgu/

I just looked at the pygame.org site and noticed that a neww gui toolkit is also available - you might want to check it out as well:
http://pygame.org/projects/9/393/

Phil

stas zytkiewicz <stas.zytkiewicz at gmail.com> wrote: Hello, is there a "preferred" widget set which could be used in a
pygame based app?
I mean we all use widgets like buttons, dialogs etc at some point in
a pygame app. It might be best to have one widget set which all
apps would use instead of (re)inventing our own.

In my schoolsplay project I use ocempgui, http://ocemp.sourceforge.net/gui.html
which is rather complete and comes with extensive documentation and
accessibility support.
If there's no "preferred" widget set yet I would like to  suggest ocempgui.
However I'm happy to use whatever the Sugar/pygame would use.

Stas

--
A collection of educational activities for schools
http://www.schoolsplay.org