[OLPC-Games] Res: Games Digest, Vol 5, Issue 12

Daniel Monteiro Basso daniel at basso.inf.br
Mon Jun 25 09:12:10 EDT 2007

Em Seg, 2007-06-25 às 12:50 +0200, NoiseEHC escreveu:
>  The problem with the TinyGL
> implementation is that it is using a quite naive rendering algorithm so
> probably it is not the best match for the XO.

Probably true, but at least it already exists... ;)

> The problem with a BSP tree is that it took 30 min to calculate a Quake
> level

Yep, that's true. I said that recalling some fuzzy demoscene memories,
where I saw 64k demos doing amazing 3D stuff, and listed in the features
was the "realtime bsp rendering", but it was refering to the static
landscape... stupid me.

> So my plan is, if you are interested in:
> What do you think about it?

Great! I hope you succeed coding that, it'll be a lot of work. I'm not
sure how much I'll be able to contribute directly, but at least I'll try
to test it. The same goes to BZK. And while both are not ready, I'll
continue my work on TinyGL.

[]'s

Daniel M. Basso