[OLPC-Games] Res: Games Digest, Vol 5, Issue 12

Antoine van Gelder hummingbird at hivemind.net
Mon Jun 25 07:31:44 EDT 2007

NoiseEHC wrote:
> Disadvantages:
> Not compatible with legacy OpenGL apps.

A long long time ago it meant a lot more for me to be able to render a
untextured, unlit, wireframe cube on my Commodore 64 than the fact that
it wasn't an OpenGL cube with hardware shaders.

Standards and hardware accel are for adults who are trying to
cost-optimize a product development cycle for products that rely on
bling rather than gameplay to remain competitive.

Last time I checked the XO is being developed for kids.

So go ye forth and writest the software renderer thouest wishest thou
had when thee were 12 years old dammit!!

:-D

  - antoine

--

"Any organization that designs a system (defined broadly) will produce a
  design whose structure is a copy of the organization's communication

  - Melvin Conway