[OLPC-Games] newbie on Sugar with questions

Daniel Monteiro Basso daniel at basso.inf.br
Thu Jun 21 14:13:42 EDT 2007

Wow, that's surely a tiny world! A guy with almost the same name as
mine, that lives in the same country as me, that codes in C++ and do 3D
programming!

I only sent a message to the devel list, so I'll take the opportunity to
announce here too: I'm adapting a software renderer implementation of
OpenGL (TinyGL, by Fabrice Bellard), suitable to be run on the XO.
Currently it runs the gears demo in fullscreen (actually rendered to a
256x256 framebuffer) at 50 fps.

I hope to be able to execute my robotics simulation framework in the XO,
but there is still a lot of work to be done. You can take a look at what
I've already accomplished at:

http://www.basso.inf.br/phi/ (check the gallery, it's old but nice :)
http://www.lec.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi/doku.php (last stable version)

About BZK: does it use BSP for occlusion culling? TinyGL uses a
z-buffer, but I suspect a BSP-tree would perform better. The Geode's
floating point is very fast, so BZK's fixed-point is not really an
advantage on the XO.

[]'s

Daniel