[OLPC-Games] Need help with testing game real OLPC hardware.

Fredrik Corneliusson fredrik.corneliusson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 14:43:34 EST 2007

Hi,
A couple of years ago I developed a multi player network game in
Pygame but never got around to finish it completely (Probably set the
bar to high).
However my game seems like a good fit for OLPC as it uses the same
technology and will have access to the mesh network.

It's a scrolling action game where so it really needs 25 fps or more
to be enjoyable. I tried in using emulator (Vmware player) and the
game worked without any changes and delivered >40 FPS :-).  However I
don't have any idea if the real hardware it up to it so I would really
appreciate if someone could try it out and report the result to me
before I invest any more efforts into further development.

The game is called Turb and is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/turb-game/
(Note: I have not done any OLPC specific tweaking of the code yet.)

Just export the SVN trunk and start the game menu with:
python turb.py

Cheers,
Fredrik