[OLPC-Games] OLPCGames 1.1 has landed

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Mon Dec 3 17:46:36 EST 2007

I've just checked OLPCGames 1.1 into the git repository.  Although the
number of critical errors I've encountered would lead me to believe that
no-one has actually used networking or camera, on the off chance that
you have, you should check your code for breakage.

The code checked in is pretty much identical to that used in
Productive.  AFAIK we (Andrew Clunis did some of the work on the
olpcgames changes) haven't broken any APIs, and we should work with the
Telepathy stuff on recent builds (hopefully also with older builds as well).

OLPCGames 1.1

    * camera: async api, heavily refactored, adds test source support
    * mesh: modern Telepathy APIs, convenience methods, cleanup
    * pangofont: transparent colors, older pygtk support, test block
    * events: capture remaining pygame events and forward to the new queue
    * activity: auto-sizing, refactored, global reference available
    * fix focus bug after sharing
    * more docstrings throughout
    * absolute imports so we don't run afoul of later Python versions

        -- Mike Fletcher <mcfletch at vrplumber.com>  Mon, 3 Dec 2007
        -- Andrew Clunis <andrew at orospakr.ca>  Mon, 3 Dec 2007

For the time being the best advice is still probably to include the
entirety of OLPCGames in your activity bundle.  I'll be doing more work
on the wrapper to try to make the process of porting/writing Pygame
games easier, so there will likely be more changes over the next few weeks.

I'll also try to make example activities to show the various tools (e.g.
the camera, the mesh networking).  I may also update the examples that
have been left unfinished in the repository.

Have fun,
Mike