[OLPC-Games] [sugar] Cairo tile engine, and accessing 565 buffers from cairo and C

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 17 10:04:57 EDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 15:53 , Dan Williams wrote:

> Correct; about the only thing you can do here is use create_similar
> () on
> the xlib _window_ surface, draw your 24bpp image surface to that, and
> cache the 565 xlib surface for all further drawing.  Note that you
> will
> _not_ get alpha because the surface is 565.

Supposed we switched to 1555 as suggested by some, we would have one
bit of alpha, which would be very useful for sprites in games. Given
the small pixel size this should also look pretty satisfactory even
though there is only 1 bit of alpha and no real blending.

So is this still planned or are you going to switch to 24 bits once
the LX arrives?

- Bert -