[OLPC-Games] Games readings, and discussion tomorrow

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 23:58:25 EDT 2007

Some interesting links to spur discussion:

http://opencontent.org/wiki/index.php?title=Games_Readings
http://opencontent.org/wiki/index.php?title=Teaching_Educational_Games_Resources

We're having another gaming and graphics discussion tomorrow at 2pm; please
add to the agenda on the wiki:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Game_Development_Meetings#April_15

We have examples of some good Flash and PyGame games working on the latest
builds, and GCompris seems to be working without trouble; if you have tested
games on a machine or emulator, please put up notes about how they ran (or
didn't run) on the wiki.  I would especially like to get a set of benchmarks
to test up soon, so that we can identify bottlenecks on the new hardware at
the end of the month.

Regarding the Game Jam at Olin in June, we are still looking for sponsorship
and prizes; right now we have offers of passes to the next game dev
conferences this fall and next spring...  if you're thinking of hosting a
sister jam at an institution near you, let me know.

Cheers,
  SJ