[Etoys] Quick testing of Etoys on Windows7

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:40:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:39 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
> At Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:37:30 +0900,
> Korakurider wrote:
>>
>> Hi all.
>> As Rita is trying to run Etoys on Windows7 (discussed in squeak-dev),
>> I also tried it :-)
>>
>> I had to make small twaek on installer script;
>> It checkes windows version and change file layout and replace some
>> file (browser plugin).
>> The trick was Win7 has its own version number "6.1" that the script
>> was't aware of,
>> (Vista is 6.0). Win7 is very similar to vista, so I made the script do
>> same stuff for win7.
>>
>> With modified installer, Etoys is installed successfully, run without
>> gotchas during making security key,
>> run in IE8 (without protection mode though).
>> This is just result quick testing.,,   I will test it extensively.
>>
>> How can I contribute the modified scripts?
>
>  Thank you for trying this!
>
> http://svn.squeakland.org/installers/
>
> is the repository, which I think I still have the commit right.  But
> making an issue at http://tracker.squeakland.org/ and attach file
> would be appreciated!
      Sorry for slooow response...
      please review attached files in
http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-235

     And I could reproduce vm crash that might be same one that Rita
reported in squeak-dev.
     The crash dump is attached.
     I observed the crash several times just after rebooting, but
after that vm starts successfully.

/Korakurider