[Etoys] Testing when a morph is dropped in another morph

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 25 07:39:59 EDT 2009

On 25.03.2009, at 09:45, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> From Etoys is there a way to check when a Morph is dropped in another
> Morph to later take appropriate action?
> Moreover when doing the check I would want to decide to accept or
> not the drop.
> Is it doable with Etoys tiles?
> After a 30 mins research,  I have failed to see how it can be done.

I don't think that's possible in the Morphic sense. However, maybe you
can design your interface around the given constraints:

When you drop something into a holder, its "count" property changes.
Watching for that change lets you react to the drop.

You can also move an object from one holder to another, using the
"include" tile.