[Etoys] Etoys Quick Guides

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Mar 20 06:15:34 EDT 2009

Ted Kaehler wrote:
> Rita,
> 	After much discussion last year, we decided that Quick Guides
> would not be translated in the normal Etoys way.  The layout of the
> text on the small pages of the Guides is important, and automatic
> translation was not working well for that.
> 	The way to translate is to copy a guide out of the flap with
> the green handle, edit the text, and then save the current project
> using the same name as the project.
Here you mean the same name of the file in the QuickGuides-folder? So I
name a project "NavBarKeepFindProjects.pr" for instance?

> I then convert these to .sexp
> format.  Unconverted project files in the QuickGuides folder also
> work.  You can try out your new guides that way.
> 	To use the guides in German, replace the QuickGuides folder
> with a new one that has German guide projects in it.

Hm, it doesn't work with two unconverted project files. I tried the
above mentionend file and another one and put them in an extra folder.
Then I replaced the original folder with my small one, but when I click
on an item in the help flap, nothing happens. In the english version, I
get a menu with two options to choose from and that menu did not appear
with my small german folder. I attach the two translated projects with
this mail, perhaps there is something else I did wrong?

Rita

--
Rita Freudenberg
FIN-ISG