[Etoys] bulk project cleanups

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Jun 19 02:35:21 EDT 2009

At Fri, 19 Jun 2009 05:38:44 +0530,
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> > >       ProjectLoading loadFromDir: .......
> > >       In this project.
> > >                run commands
> > >                      storeOnServerWithNoInteraction
> > >       delete project.
> >
> >   I think you got the basics right.  I think that QuickGuideMorph
> > class>>convertProjectsWithBooksToSISSIn:to: does somewhat similar.
> > ChangeSet>>clear clears it up, and instead of saving to something
> > else, it have to be saved as a project.  The last part may be a bit
> > tricky.
> Thanks Yoshiki. I did look into your armLengthCommand and QuickGuideMorph
> methods. Very neat. QCG only reads project files. I got so far:
> | dir p |
> dir := FileDirectory default
> dir fileNamesMatching: '*.pr' do: [ :f  |
> 	p = ProjectLoading loadName: f stream: (dir readOnlyFileNamed: f)
> fromDirectory: dir withProjectView: nil.
> 	"In project p, do"
>                  create new changeset and make it current.
> 	         ReleaseBuilder new cleanUpChanges.
>                  p okToChangeSilently; storeOnServerWithNoInteraction.
>          p  delete.
>
> The part I am stuck is in "in project p, do". How can I send messages in a
> project context without entering it? I need the reverse of armsLengthCommand.
> Instead of running commands post exit, I need to run commands on entry.

  This may be a bit different approach you are taking, but try
attached change set.  File it into a project (let us call it the root
project), and evaluate:

	Smalltalk at: #RootProjectName put: Project current name

and then load any project.  It clears the changeset of it, and save
and comes back to the root project.

  Upon entering the root project, a new UI process is started so you
cannot be in a loop to iterate over files.  You need to add similar
technique in the finalEnterActions to iterate over the files.