[Etoys] Can we turn an animation into a gif file?

Kazuhiro ABE abee at squeakland.jp
Tue Jun 16 04:01:27 EDT 2009

Hello all,
I made a quick hack.

1. Drag & drop an attachment file named AnimeGIFRecorder.morph into
your Etoys window and open as a morph.
2. The bounding box of AnimeGIFRecorder morph means recording frame,
so you can resize it.
3. Open viewer of AnimeGIFRecorder morph and you can change value of
recordingTime and filename variable.
4. Start recording by clicking [!] button of startRecording script. (don't tick)
5. After the record script stopped, you can open an animated gif file
that you named.

Have fun.
Kazuhiro Abe