[Etoys] 2 button mouse confusion

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Feb 3 06:48:25 EST 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 03.02.2009, at 11:50, Rita Freudenberg wrote:
>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Have just switched over to a recent EToys image (about this system
>>> says EToys 3.1 latest update 2177).  I have a 2 button mouse
>>> (well, a
>>> touchpad with 2 buttons underneath), and I want to access both
>>> halos and context menus.
>>>
>> On my Windows PC (XP) it works quite well, I can access both menus:
>> right-mouse-button for halo and middle-mouse-button for context-menu.
>> But on my Laptop with touchpad and three buttons underneath and I have
>> the same problems like you, Simon: I just get the halo and no
>> context-menus.
>>
>> Rita
>>

> What if you press the modifiers (alt, ctrl, both) when left-clicking?

When I press alt and left-click, I get the halos, when I press alt and
right-click, I get the halos, too. With either ctrl or both I get nothing.

And I assume the swapMouseButtons preference is disabled?

Yes, that happens when swapMouseButtons preference is disabled, when I
enable it, I get the context menu instead of the halos for right-click,
alt-right-click and alt-left-click.

Rita
> - Bert -

Rita Freudenberg