[Etoys] 2 button mouse confusion

Simon Guest simon.guest at tesujimath.org
Sun Feb 1 03:01:45 EST 2009

Hi,

Have just switched over to a recent EToys image (about this system
says EToys 3.1 latest update 2177).  I have a 2 button mouse (well, a
touchpad with 2 buttons underneath), and I want to access both halos
and context menus.

Something has changed in this area since the last images I was using.

By default, right button now gives me a halo.  So does
Alt-left-button.  I don't know how to get a context menu up now.

If I swap buttons 2 and 3 in the preferences, (and this is the new and
confusing bit), while right button now gives me a context menu, so
does alt-left-button.  This alt-left-button menu used to always give
halos, I think.

So, how can I get a context menu up with the default mappings?

cheers,
Simon