[Etoys] Etoys-based activity

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:51:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:24 AM, stephane ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi
>
> if you want my book on BotsInc it is free now.

Merci.

You wrote:

...you will not be using the default Squeak distribution. Rather, you
will be using a distribution that
I have prepared for use with this book. It can be downloaded from the
publisher of this book at
http://www.apress.com, in the Downloads section.

I had to search on Google for the download, at

http://scg.unibe.ch/wiki/botsinc/download/

It says, "Ready Linux: to get a linux version you should install
squeak via http://www.squeak.org/ then download the readyMac or
readyPC file and use the (image and changes) provided there."

I have been using Etoys on the OLPC XO and on Ubuntu Linux. Does your
modification work with them, or do I need to install plain Squeak?

Would you like to get this packaged for various Linux distributions?
Can we include the PDF on the OLPC XO and in other Sugar images, or on
the school server?

And Children are my nation.