[Etoys] [Bug] Closing an Etoy plugin tab in FireFox forces closure of FireFox

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 20:56:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

As I continue to explore squeak/etoys in a new enviornment ( Ubuntu 8.04) I keep come upon surprises.

This is the latest. There is a bug report on Jira. Though I don't think it got filed under the etoys catagory.

This seems like a problem with the embedding script.
It doesn't matter whether I have exited etoys or it is still running.
When I close the tab the browser abruptly quits.

When restarted, it will politely ask if I want to restart the last session. If I reply yes, I am back in the same situation. Quit etoys will again quit the browser.

Does someone know a gentler way?