[Etoys] Sound in SoaS

Pato Acevedo patitoacevedo at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:44:38 EDT 2009

Hi Guys:

> > > The Etoys log file had the known "soundStart: snd_add_pcm_handler:
> > > Function not implemented" message. So I added the -vm-sound-OSS
> > > workaround to /usr/bin/etoys and then sound in Etoys played fine.

   Can you to share a step by step mini how to about to enable the sound in Etoys in this way?

Thanks in advance.

Pato Acevedo

P.D.:

I'm trying the last SOAS (Soas2-200904062216) and in both my desktop and  the Classmate 2 when
changing project Etoys I obtain a  black screen for a fraction of a second . Am I the only one, or someone
else reported this behavior? It is strange because the image is displayed first but then the
screen goes to black, "wink" and then reappears the last screen that was
flashing before. For example, in the Etoy´s splash screen I make click in the cloud called "Gallery of projects" can to see a thumbnails for all projects but  immediately the screen go and return from black. When press the Previous project buttom is the same.