[Etoys] attempt for a faster drgeo.xo bundle

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 03:58:58 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Derek O'Connell <doconnel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI, you're getting the missing primitive error because your build is
>> using an older Squeak vm. So yes, updating either your XO, or
>> installing a newer vm (latest is 3.10-10) will get rid of it.
>
> I am using Etoys on non-XO Ubuntu-based Linux and have also been
> getting failure on a DBus primitive ( to reproduce open DBus explorer
> and try to expand either category). Having checked Trac and saw no
> related bugs I assumed it was something to do with not being on an XO.
> Is there a new 3.10-10 build to download?

It is built from sugar-jhbuild. Or you can build it from
http://squeakvm.org but that can be a bit involving as I understand.
It would be nice if there was a link online somewhere for it. If there
is, I don't know about it. I can offer you the -6 in the meantime,
which also works:
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/epaati/squeak-vm-3.10-3olpc6.i386.rpm