[Etoys] NOSifying etoys.image

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Mon Sep 22 14:50:55 EDT 2008

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> it displays rectangles, so the FFI in the image is working for some
> extent.

    nice :) Can you check it has the class ExternalAddress? It
wasn't there on the version I had, but maybe it was added
recently. Where can I get that image from?
>   Then I saved the image, and replaced the SqueakNOS.image with it.
> It boots, and show the initial Morphs I put on the screen did indeed
> show up.  So, display drawing certainly works.  But it hangs there, so
> the primitive usage of device initialization is not working in the
> Etoys image + SqueakNOS...

Open a Transcript and save, so you can see boot messages.

Try also leaving some scripting running (moving some of the
morphs around, like the car the original image). To see what
happens. But may be the transcript open, and waiting until
the boot process is done (the screen flashes) is enough :)

    richie