[Etoys] NOSifying etoys.image

Gerardo Richarte gera at corest.com
Sun Sep 21 22:13:13 EDT 2008

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   I'd like to try it tomorrow, but the short answer here is that it is
> based on the mainstream Squeak3.8-6665,
that's funny. It's exactly the same version SqueakNOS is based on :)

Let me know (email) when you are on it, so I can give you a hand.

As a sort of debugging/tracing tool, if you do:

(ExternalAddress new fromInteger: 16rFD000000) stringAt: 0 put: (String
new: 100000)

You get a black line in the framebuffer.

if black is no good, of course you can do the slower:

(ExternalAddress new fromInteger: 16rFD000000)
    stringAt: 0
    put: ((String new: 100000) atAllPut: $z)

that's going to be e blue line :)

    as I said, mail me whatever you need that may make it easier for you

    thanks!
    richie