[Etoys] New release candidate

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 8 20:46:28 EDT 2008

HI Yoshiki,

actually I have a feeling it was more of a OS problem then Etoys. See below
for details I remember. I have tried to give it a real hard time by
constantly closing and reopening the lid, unplugging the power cord at the
time etc

On 2008 September 8, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> At Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:38:12 +0000,
>
> Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > As a sidenote, tested closing/reopening the lid when running eToys, the
> > system goes to hibernate and back very nicely, could not trick it to do
> > anything weird, although i seemed to manage to hang eToys once after
> > hibernate wakeup. Overall this seems to be best behaving hibernate on a
> > laptop with Linux (or maybe any OS - but that is the system rather than
> > Squeak.
>
>   When it (hang Etoys) happened, did it come back after some minutes?

 i did see the screen, it did not come back in about 3 minutes, then i pushed
the poweroff button.

> Or it was really long time and you didn't wait?  Did the cursor move
> when you try to move it?

cursor was frozen - but I as far as remember the whole OS was frozen, not just
etoys, i probably did not word it right. it dehibernated but then everything
froze..I tried to duplicate today, but it always worked so far...

but I saw some other weird problemsm such as keyboard stopped working, etoys
were not running then ..  that is a different thing.

milan