[Etoys] Fully Relicensed version of mainstream Squeak

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Oct 22 22:42:38 EDT 2008

> Keith would be the interested person, not Ken.

  Ah, sorry.

> It sounds like a good plan. Do you have a patch I could use to
> get started? I would definitely like to see just how bad the
> situation is in 3.9 or 3.10.

  Here is an announcement I made while ago:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-September/131586.html

This is based on a bit old database, but you can get the feel of it.
Attached is the latest version of my Authorship2 code: you should be
able to file it in and see the current status.

> Croquet would be nice too,

  Nice in terms of what?

> but I think the history of Croquet is much more muddled than the
> history of squeak.org

  Well, what makes you think so?  The set of developers of the Croquet
image is definitely more limited, and the "team" generally had better
control on the image than the main stream.