[Etoys] pangoRenderer

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 20:49:53 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:
>  Hi, Antonio,
>
>> I'm testing etoys-dev-4.0, with etoysV4.sources and a new VM linux version,
>> If I set the pangoRenderer Preference to Off and I change the language (french, german...)... no problem, but if I want
>> spanish (like my machine) automatically pangoRenderer put On.
>> In this situation, even if I set again pangoRenderer Preference to Off when I save the image automatically pangoRenderer
>> put On again.
>> I do not know reallly if this process is "for my machine only"
>
>  I tried to reproduce it, but not successfully.  One thing that might
> affect is that you actually have a different etoys.mo file for
> Spanish, and your etoys-dev-4.0 finds it?  The system trys to decide
> whether it should turn it on or not by looking at some phrases and
> specs in the .mo file.

Antonio,
Here is the section in PO/POT that Yoshiki mentioned:
(excerpt from the version on Pootle)
-----(from here)
#: Language name as you'd like it to appear in the Languages menu
msgid "Language-Name"
msgstr "Nombre-Lenguaje"

#: Scale to apply to font size (2 for twice as large)
msgid "Font-Scale"
msgstr ""

#: Directionality of language
msgid "Language-Direction"
msgstr "Dirección-Lenguaje"

#: Use this if you do not want any of the text to be bolded, for legibility
msgid "Suppress-Bold"
msgstr ""

#: Font to use on a Windows system
msgid "Win-Font"
msgstr ""

#: Font to use on a Mac system
msgid "Mac-Font"
msgstr ""

#: Font to use on a Linux system
msgid "Linux-Font"
msgstr ""
-----(excerpt to here)

These are not translation data but special configuration.
see  http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2008-August/002570.html
and http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2008-September/002586.html.
 detail was explained there.

In short, your version (you sent me) needs fix :-)
The version on Pootle also needs fix for "Language-Name" and
"Language-Direction".

/Korakurider