[Etoys] feedback regarding the paint tool in Etoys
K. K. Subramaniam
subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:02:16 EDT 2008
On Thursday 02 Oct 2008 1:14:13 pm Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> Regarding the use of Etoys in PC workstation, Suzanne Guyader a
> retired arts teacher told me she miss the thin pencil size for
Three options depending on how many such shapes she needs.
1. Use a 5x5 Rectangle (set its pensize to 1 and pendown to true) to leave
1-pixel trail in a playfield by using its halo "move" button. Use "pickup"
halo button to lift it. When the picture is ready, use "hand me .." button
from the watcher menu of "pentrail graphic" tile in "pentrails" category of
2. Create a Text object with "TinyPaint new openInHand" and press ALT+d. This
will yield a small gray canvas for painting. Choose pensize and color from
the halo "red" button. When done, use "grab morph" tool to carve out a sketch
3. Attached picture shows how to create a custom "lasso style" button for
sketches that require 1-pixel wide stampings. To create it,
1. Pick a scriptable button ("Press Me") from the Supplies
2. Bring up halo and click on lime-green script button
3. open up script menu
4. click on "show code textually"
5. Replace "^self" with the command shown. Press ALT+s to accept changes.
6. Close the script.
7. Rename button label if you like.
Now whenever the button is pressed, you get a '+' cursor. Use it like lasso
tool to draw any figure. When done, you get a 1-pixel wide polygonal Etoy
with transparent interior. This can be stamped repeatedly in a playfield.
FWIW .. Subbu
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 82908 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/attachments/20081002/c7c0ce5d/attachment-0001.jpg
More information about the Etoys