[Etoys] A low floor "Paint" door into eToys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Nov 21 14:18:36 EST 2008

At Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:18:10 -0500,
Walter Bender wrote:

> We had at one point discussed other easy paths into Etoys, for
> example, into the document creation tools. I think it would be a
> great!!

  I haven't forgotten your suggestion, but it still doesn't have the
thing unfortunately.  But, I can show how you would do.  I made a
little Etoys project.  Download this:

  http://dev.laptop.org/~yoshiki/etoys/SimplePaint.005.pr

and save it somewhere.

  If you resume this project, you see two buttons at the bottom of
screen.  Click on "Paint" to start painting.  Don't worry about these
obscure four buttons in the painting tool.  If you are done, press
"Save".  It puts the painted picture into the Sugar's clipboard, and
Etoys quits.  As simple as that, and you can make this kind of
customization in minutes.