[Etoys] unable to keep current projext: duplicate selector

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Sat Nov 15 07:38:15 EST 2008

Hi Yoshiki, hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>>   Can you send us (Scott, Bert, Ted, Takashi and me) the project?
>
>  Or the better is that you save the image (Alt-shift-w, "save as...")
> and give us the image and changes...

Unfortunately I cannot send you either one. The project could not be saved
- hence I could send you only a version prior to the error which wouldn't
contain it. Since there are almost 1000 users in our LAN who might use
Etoys and the image (and changes) usually won't change anyway and we are
using multiseat-systems, which means four Etoys-processes at the same time
on a single computer, pupils always are using fresh images copied to /tmp/
and deleted after their session. Hence I could send you an image
containing the bad code only, if the problem shows up again.

The image we're using is the one contained in
http://impara.de/michael/etoys_3.0-2147_i386.deb

The browser-plugin works (almost) with this .deb (running in a tab it
kills firefox upon closing the tab).

Markus