[Etoys] Squeak translations

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed May 28 20:02:21 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at bolinux.org> wrote:
> I see that the Spanish eToys translation is at 61%
   Our Japanese translation is about 51% and yours is much better than
ours :-)
   And I don't think the number is so bad.  While you are saying
"eToys translation", effort include functionalities that are not
frequently used in typical Etoys workshop   and underlying Squeak
system and tools.
   I think phrases that haven't translated yet, haven't revealed
enough, and your number (and even our number) have been good enough
for typical Etoys usage.

> Now, much Squeak work has been done in Spain.
>
> It might be a Fraggle Rock moment for me, or maybe there's a good reason
> it has not been done before, but I am curious, could the Squeak .es
> version be ported somehow?
  If you have legacy translation in image, this could be exported to
PO and merged into working PO.

And there is translation file by LinEx folks that Es community could
merge. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6911  (I don't know if merge work
have been done actually)

/Korakurider