[Etoys] etoys image freezing?

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Tue May 13 21:38:37 EDT 2008

Yoshiki,

I'm finding if I just make the (sound) objects as one step and then as a
second step play them then everything appears to be very stable and I
can't freeze the image.

" first this line"
s := SampledSound soundNamed: 'camera'.
" evaluate this line (as many times as needed ) "
s play.

If I make a new object and attempt to play it at the same time, I can
usually cause the freeze - but only when doing this over and over and
over and over again.

" repeat both lines over and over again "
r := RepeatingSound repeat: s count: 2.
r play.

However, I tried the same thing on a an etoys-dev.image in Windows
(running in VmWare) and was unable to replicate the freeze.

So .... I'm not quite sure of my conclusion which is something along the
lines of 1st make the object and 2nd play it (rather than combining both
steps). I think the issue with the freeze I originally reported is a
non-issue.

Thanks very much for the time you spent in guiding me through the
troubleshooting process.

- Mark