[Etoys] #6969 NORM Never A: Textual Player Refs in Imported Morphs

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:15:00 EDT 2008

On 5/9/08, Derek O'Connell <doconnel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  So if this is an issue you've only encountered in Squeak3.9, perhaps this
> >  item would be more appropriately filed on the squeak.org bug-tracking
> >  system.
>
> Are you suggesting this is a 3.9 issue? The problem occurs when I load
> morphs with textual scripts created in other images
> (3.9/3.10/dev-image, etc, ie, not *just* 3.9) into the OLPC image. So
> to me it looks like an OLPC image issue and I don't see how a one
> image could anticipate unique morth/player naming for another image.
>
> PS: Just to reiterate, the issue arises because I want to transfer my
> existing morphs *from* other non-OLPC images *to* the OLPC image. Not
> an uncommon task I hope.
     OLPC etoys image is *still* based on Squeak3.8.  Unfortunately
Etoys basically don't support downward compatibility like 3.9/3.10 to
3.8/olpc. so I think it might not be easy for such problem to get
serious investigation by developers.  It would be very nice if you can
reproduce it within  OLPC image.

/Korakurider
For this thread, maybe etoys list would be better fit that devel.