[Etoys] [squeak-dev] Re: etoys performance problems

karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Wed Mar 26 07:47:47 EDT 2008

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2008, at 18:46 , Ties Stuij wrote:
>> So my question on this topic is: is there an argument for
>> retaining the double zipping?
>
> Don't think so.
But some internal compression could help.

Here is two test cases:

I made a test project with and added 255k jpeg image to it and saved it.
The project was 1.6M.

I made another test project and added a 1.7M aiff file and compressed
the file with ogg. The saved project was 86k.

Could compressing the forms inside the image like we compress sounds help ?

Karl