[Etoys] Missing Strings for Localization?

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:23:15 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On Feb 29, 2008, at 14:20 , Gerhard Steiner wrote:
<snip>
>  > Is there any advice on how to resolve the "most visible language
>  > mixups"
>  > in some dialogs.
>
>  Report them in Trac.
>

>  > Is there something I should have checked before sending these message?
>  > Maybe I have missed something and just didn't get these strings
>  > into my
>  > system?
  + German PO seems to have a few strings marked as fuzzy.  Fuzzy
string doesn't appear in compiled MOs.
     So you should review and finalize them (e.g. clear fuzzy flag)

  + POT is generated in build process and registered to git, as Bert explained.
     You could check if the string missing in PO is missing in newer POT also.
     If there is in newer POT then wait for next merge.

     In theory, Pootle will merge newer etoys.pot to all of PO.
     But it hasn't been executed for several months because
etoys.pot/po are too big for Pootle to process.
     Admins are working to fix it, so stay tuned...

  + If the string is actually missing in POT then changes to squeak
code will be needed,
     So  please fill ticket on trac about the missing string.

Cheers,
/Korakurider