[Etoys] [Etoys-notify] Etoys-notify Digest, Vol 8, Issue 19

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Jun 21 03:35:23 EDT 2008

  Antonio,

> Yoshiki,
> with the debian VM, actually when you type any character with accent
> you get: Ã
>
> but I go on ignoring where the problem is: inside the image or inside the VM or inside the squeak.sh. Sorry.

  Thank you for reporting.  But, it is hard to tell what is going
wrong.  I do have an XO with spanish keyboard, and I installed
relatively new image and VM from the repository.  (Because I just did,
I played with the very latest:

http://etoys.laptop.org/rpms/etoys-3.0.2029-1.noarch.rpm
http://etoys.laptop.org/rpms/squeak-vm-3.10-3olpc3.i386.rpm
)

and to me, on that XO with spanish keyboard, typing accented
characters works.  And on Fedora switching the keyboard layout and
language setting and typing also works.

  Can you check the versions of them, locale setting, and keyboard
layout?