[Etoys] Possible bug with etoy tile variables

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:18:46 EDT 2008

On Saturday 14 Jun 2008 3:37:26 pm Karl Ramberg wrote:
> To reproduce make two variables for a morph.
> Make a assignment script for  one of them.
> Pull out the name part of the second variable and try to drop it on the
> name part of the one in the script.
I have never been able to do that even with Squeakland image. I thought this
was because the variable tile is a getter, not a setter. It can only be
dropped on the right hand side of an assignment. Why would this be a bug?

I suppose it should be possible to pick up the setter from the slot definition
and create a setter tile on the fly.

Yes, it would be useful,
Subbu