[Etoys] What need to be changed for new .xo format ?
bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jan 24 17:42:30 EST 2008
On Jan 24, 2008, at 23:02 , Edward Cherlin wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 1:56 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>> On Jan 24, 2008, at 19:12 , Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>>> I have your dicewar.xo format I want to use as a template for Drgeo
>>> You mentionned several time it is the old format. What do I need to
>>> update to be on the new format?
>> Create a .xo with my "XO" button in the file list, then unzip that.
>> That makes a good template.
> Is this on the Wiki? We will need somebody to provide much more
> detail, if this new format is to be some kind of standard.
Currently this is not a supported feature but an experimental tool
for etoys hackers like Hilaire or Stef. It's not even in any released
Etoys version, you have to manually update to get it.
I intend to add a button to save the currently running project as
a .xo bundle to the Journal, which then should need almost no
Currently it would go like this (assuming a current Update.1 or
1. Make an Etoys project. Save it as file (hold down on the "keep"
button and choose "Publish as...", press OK, then choose the MyEtoys
2. Press the view-source key. Choose help - update code from server.
This loads a few changesets from our update server. [only needed
until the next etoys release]
3. From the view-source menu, choose open - file list. Select
your .pr file in the upper right pane. Press the "XO" button. This
creates the .xo bundle.
4. Open a Terminal. Type "find isolation -name MyEtoys" to find the
path of the .xo bundle.
5. type "sugar-install-bundle isolation/1/gid_to_data_dir/*/MyEtoys/
MyProject-1.xo" (instead of the * use the path you determined in step
6. Run the new activity from the frame (it has a an empty rounded
7. Go to dev.laptop.org and report issues ;)
- Bert -
More information about the Etoys