[Etoys] Sugar vs. Etoys questions

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Wed Jan 16 10:13:20 EST 2008

I've been tinkering with the XO and it a nice machine. Etoys run fine
but there are a few rough edges.

Quiting Etoys is always a little painful because it saves the current
project and that takes what feels like a long time. Could that be done
in another way, like leaving the Etoys process and let it finish in the
background ? ( I know it's possible to move the mouse to a corner and
get the Sugar border thing but if it was done automatically it would
give a less painfully slow feel :-))

Getting stuff into Etoys from the Journal is hard. Say you have two
images, a sound etc. you want to use in a project it's not obvious how
to do that. I guess copy and paste from the Journal is the Sugar way,
but I'm not fully convinced. How hard would it be to show Journal
contents in the filtering FileList tool ?

Karl