[Etoys] Collecting wished features for DrGeoII

Karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
Wed Jan 16 06:08:05 EST 2008

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> 2008/1/15, karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se>:
>
>> Make the GUI a little more GUI and less 'menu selectionish'. Maybe show
>> all the buttons in a palette ?
>>

> There are two way to instanciate interactive geometry canvas:
>
>  1. as a Service you can plug in any morph, like a Bookmorph. It is
> the GUI-less mode. About the menu, don't forget the user can just
> extract a submenu in the canevas directly
> 2. as a more GUI-ishe application, by executing DrGeo new
>
> I developped the mode 1. because I have future plan to use Dr. Geo II
> in the other iStoa project I am working on. Also I think the mode 1 is
> closer to the Morph GUI interface.
> Also with mode 1, teacher can design interactive learning activity and
> select which geometry tool the learner can use. As a match teacher; I
> know this is desired feature .
>
> Hilaire

Ah, I never used the 'DrGeo new' before. That's pretty much the GUI I
asked for :-) Much more newbie friendly and easy. I have just used the
one I pulled out from the ObjectsTool and that was the one I
"criticized". I suggest having the GUI one in the ObjectsTool as the
default a newbie would find.

Thanks
Karl