[Etoys] An experimental version of OLPC image for non-XO environments

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 12:06:49 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 4:58 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> wrote:

> > Which translation engine will we use, gettext emulation or (historical) NaturalLanguageTranslator?  How about
> > QuickGuide?
>
>  If we make a pre-configured image for a language, pre-loading the
> data would be better.  So, enabling the pre-loading somehow and use
> gettext emulation would be ideal?

Please review proposed enhancement to enable preloading.
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5861

But I am not sure if it is really ideal.  Progress of translations for
OLPC EToys is behind codes and translation effort will be long tail.
(We haven't yet had Pootle based ecosytem for translation though we
expect it soon)  And we can't use update stream any more to maintain
gettext based translation dictionary in image.
What's wrong with external MOs even for preconfigured settings?

/Korakurider