[Etoys] BotsInc

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jan 2 16:56:16 EST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008, at 22:29 , stephane ducasse wrote:

> On 2 janv. 08, at 17:21, Korakurider wrote:
>
>> Hi, Stef
>>
>> On Dec 29, 2007 6:48 AM, stephane ducasse
>> <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
>> I would love to but I ***could*** not succeed to get an xo file on
>> the machine:
>> I could not get internet access (even changing my setup) and I could
>> not find how to see an USB stick.
>> I will retry but
>>        I think I want to help but detail of problem is needed
>
> I do not know I changed my internet connection to be freely
> accessible (no pass)
> and I cannot browse the web from the xo.
> (Before I had a password but once I typed the password I could press
> enter since it was disabled)

You should really turn to the OLPC support forums - this is not an
Etoys problem:

http://support.laptop.org/

There are many problems with the XOs and even more solutions, but
this is not the place to discuss them.

>> I will check on the etoy image
>> Ok this is strange.
>>     The trick is that eToyFriendly is enabled in standard
>> etoys.image, that makes menu disabled.  My test shows that
>> disabling the preference in postscript of the project makes
>> difference. (For BotsInc as non etoys app, that friendliness is not
>> needed anyway :-)
>
> Ok I see I will use the image that yoshiki sent around and see what I
> can do to get a menu or launch the application.

The image Yoshiki sent around is *not* as useful if you want to
develop for OLPC. It is tuned to work nicely in non-XO systems, and
will evolve into the next Squeakland version. You should at least
work with the OLPC etoys.image, and ideally inside Sugar. It really
can't be that hard to get the XO working - maybe you need to give it
to a student ;)