[Etoys] Missing Strings for Localization?

Gerhard Steiner gd.steiner at gmx.at
Fri Feb 29 08:20:35 EST 2008

Dear all!

I kindly ask for some advice to bring the Etoy Translation forward.

We have translated all available strings on the pootle server (currently
we are testing and correcting the German Localization).
When testing the resulting etoy.mo (from Pootle etoy.po without fuzzy)
with an actual etoy- image (latest etoys-image-and-pr.zip downloaded
from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys) I found that some strings are only
in English available. No big surprise, it's an ongoing project.

But there is also e.g. a missing string for an help baloon on the etoy
start page which "every of the 120 million german user" will see (entry
field for the name of the actual project). There are also several
objects which have the main dialog items mixed in German and English eg
event theatre, Menu item "make undraggable".

Is there any advice on how to resolve the "most visible language mixups"
in some dialogs.

Is there something I should have checked before sending these message?
Maybe I have missed something and just didn't get these strings into my
system?

When and how will more Strings become available for translation?
Shall we proceed further with the translation or wait for a major update.

Thank you for your understanding.

best regards

Gerhard Steiner