[Etoys] Slow etoys project loading for EPaati

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Feb 7 15:52:59 EST 2008

> ImageSegment>>rehashMethodDictionaries: oldDictionaries
>     | newDictionaries |
>     newDictionaries := oldDictionaries collect: [:d | d rehashWithoutBecome].
>     oldDictionaries asArray elementsForwardIdentityTo: newDictionaries asArray.
>
> This pulls the loading time of that project on the XO down from 3.5
> minutes to 1.5 minutes, which is still too slow but progress is
> progress :-)

  That is a great catch.  It didn't occur to me that under rehash,
there is become!

> ChangeSet attached! Can someone who Knows say if it looks right?

  That looks good to me.  I'll ask Dan to double check.

  However, because I believe that any of these methods are currently
executed, aren't we able to rehash them and install the dictionary to
the class?

> -Luke (torn between speed vs. memory profiling next)
>
> P.S. Thanks Bert for the profiling tutorial :-)

  And thank you, Luke!