[Etoys] condense sources?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Feb 6 18:07:18 EST 2008

  Folks,

  Now, the images some of us are using are reaching their .changes
file size limit.  There are a few different approaches we can take
(such as incorporating a change that extend the limit), but we can
take a low-key solution for this to make it simple.  Namely, we
condense the sources and make a new .sources file named (perhaps)
"EtoysV1.sources".

  Simply condencing changes wouldn't buy us so much as a lot of
modifications to methods that exsited when SqueakV3.sources was made.

  Of course, loss of method history is bad.  We can potentially
incorporate the "VersionsBrowser" by Maurice Rabb in our image so that
we can compare the versions of methods that are not in the current
.changes or .sources.

  What do you think?