[Etoys] SugarDataStore>>getFilename: problem

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Dec 30 10:29:20 EST 2008

On 30.12.2008, at 15:56, karl ramberg wrote:

> I get a walkback on the 'entries' method because of the attempt to do
> slash changes.

I just tried it and it worked fine.

> Also the utf8ToSqueak fails because ByteString DNU.

What does it not understand? #utf8ToSqueak is implemented in both
String and ByteString.

> Did
> the 'title' property in Journal change recently because I don't get
> any slashes in any of the titles in my quite fresh Journal ?

"Recently"? Are you running Joyride? Now that triggers a thought ...

In Joyride's Journal all properties became ByteArrays instead of
Strings indeed, which would explain the walkback in #entries - please
file a ticket.

I see, that would also explain your need to send #asString in the
yet ...

The title of a journal entry can be anything - it is user editable, so
a user can easily enter a slash. Also, files downloaded from the
Browse activity often have a URL in their titles which sport a lot of
slashes.