[Etoys] opening of older projects on the xo-etoys

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Tue Dec 16 09:35:21 EST 2008

Another thought is to simply translate the origin for older
projects ....  if project was created by a pre-XO etoys, then y-origin
= y-origin - 100.

Saving such a project would promote it to "new Etoys mode", which
presumably could be made obvious to the person saving, hence they
could move stuff around then.

If this translation isn't possible, I'd settle for a closed "toolbar"
flap up top in old etoys projects, providing "scale to fit" is turned
on by default.

The important point is to consider "old Etoys project" users as
essentially read-only users that are viewing only one project.   We
could even force this for the browser plugin (hence no need for a
toolbar).

--
Timothy Falconer
Immuexa Corporation