[Etoys] opening of older projects on the xo-etoys

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Dec 16 08:07:51 EST 2008

Derek O'Connell wrote:
> Hi Rita,
>
> Bert posted this useful link a short while back. Control-enter seems
> to do the trick.
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys_Shortcuts
Thank you, Derek! I do know about this possibility, but I don't think it
is a appropriate thing for first-time users. At least I would like the
system to automatically Control-enter, if it detects an older project. I
have in mind a website with lots of projects and users, who will come to
the site by chance or get directed there without an idea what Etoys is
about. And then their first impression should not be a project which
isn't working right. I'm not sure if they even would bother with
control-enter, I think they would just walk away. Can you see what I mean?