[Etoys] Please test 8.2-754

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Aug 23 13:06:52 EDT 2008

Am 23.08.2008 um 14:52 schrieb Milan Zimmermann:

> On 2008 August 21, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> If you have an XO, please help test Etoys in build "8.2-754".
>> Upgrading should be as simple as typing this in a root terminal:
>>
>>         olpc-update -fr 8.2-754
>
> I have a question - how does this version relate to joyride-2301?
> This version
> is not listed here as update

Here?

> The reason I am asking - I did run the update, and the resulting
> system has
> multiple weird Sugar problems (for example terminal does not even
> start) that
> joyride-2301 does not have. I am in process of running the update to
> 8.2-754
> again, in case there are still Sugar problems I'd like to make sure
> it is the
> latest in line for release,

8.2 is copied from Joyride but has some adjustments to hopefully make
it more stable - like disabling xshm so the mouse pointer gribblies go
away in Etoys. You could as well test in Joyride, the Etoys version is
the same at the moment. When we release a new Etoys it will first pop
up in Joyride and later in 8.2.

Here are the latest differences in package versions between Joyride
and 8.2:

http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/8.2-joyride.html

At the time of my writing there are no differences, apparently
joyride-2330 was copied to 8.2-756.

I should properly have written "please test in 754 or later or latest
joyride" ...

Thanks!