[Etoys] {waveplace} florida pilot finish & nicaragua pilot begins

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 23:56:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Timothy Falconer <timothy at immuexa.com> wrote:
> Last week, Waveplace finished our pilot in Immokalee, Florida.  We'll
> be posting student storybooks soon, but for now you can watch our
> first Florida video, which gives a taste of our "improv theater"
> teaching style:
>
> http://waveplace.com/locations/florida/movie.jsp?id=79
>
> There are also several newspaper and radio reports on our press page:
>
> http://waveplace.com/news/press/
>
> as well as a few articles in our latest newsletter:
>
> http://waveplace.com/news/newsletter/web.jsp?id=8
>
> Today we start our pilot near Rivas, Nicaragua.  We're using Spanish-
> keyboard XOs and solar panels this time, since the school has no
> electricity.

Can you provide details of your solar installations? We want to
understand cost per user, how reliable solar power is (depending on
weather), and other issues.

> Our three Waveplace mentors flew in last night and will
> begin teaching the teachers today.  The kids get their laptops tomorrow.

You say you use an improv style, but I assume you also have training
materials. Where are they, and can others use them?

> We've also created a Waveplace channel on YouTube, where you can find
> all of our videos:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/waveplace
>
> Please leave comments and rank us, as we can use all the publicity we
> can get.
>
> Take care,
> Tim
>
> --
> Timothy Falconer
> Waveplace Foundation
> http://waveplace.com
> 610-797-3100

Silent Thunder [ 默雷 / शब्दगर्ज ] is my name,
And Children are my nation.
The Cosmos is my dwelling place,
And Truth my destination.