[Etoys] {waveplace} florida pilot finish & nicaragua pilot begins

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Tue Aug 12 14:57:27 EDT 2008

Last week, Waveplace finished our pilot in Immokalee, Florida.  We'll
be posting student storybooks soon, but for now you can watch our
first Florida video, which gives a taste of our "improv theater"
teaching style:

http://waveplace.com/locations/florida/movie.jsp?id=79

There are also several newspaper and radio reports on our press page:

http://waveplace.com/news/press/

as well as a few articles in our latest newsletter:

http://waveplace.com/news/newsletter/web.jsp?id=8

Today we start our pilot near Rivas, Nicaragua.  We're using Spanish-
keyboard XOs and solar panels this time, since the school has no
electricity.  Our three Waveplace mentors flew in last night and will
begin teaching the teachers today.  The kids get their laptops tomorrow.

We've also created a Waveplace channel on YouTube, where you can find
all of our videos:

http://www.youtube.com/waveplace

Please leave comments and rank us, as we can use all the publicity we
can get.

Take care,
Tim

--